The house of the painter Ary Scheffer.
Located in the heart of the Paris district called The New Athens, this property was built in 1830 on a piece of land previously owned by the Abbesses of Montmartre, next to Comte Chaptal's.
It remained in the Scheffer-Renan family till it was transferred to the City of Paris in 1983, to become the Museum of the Romantics, dedicated to the arts and littérature of the first half of the XIXth century.
It is one of the few remaining artists homes, dating from the early days of King Louis-Philippe's monarchy.
The ground floor displays keepsakes, furnitures and portraits, previously owned by the writer Georges Sand (1804-1876) and bequeathed by her grand-daughter Aurore Lauth-Sand to the City of Paris in 1923.
The upper floor offers highlights of Ary Scheffers's art among other artefacts of Romanticism.
Each friday Ary Scheffer would entertain prestigious guets in this working studio opening to the left of the passage - when arriving - George Sand, Chopin, Delacroix, Rossini, Litz, Pauline Viardot, Thiers.
We did not visit the temporary exhibitions and other parts of the museum.
Museum director asked us to submit photos of these exposures by email, prior to approval for publication on our blog or not.
Even if these pictures were taken without flash with a simple laptop for distribution on a not for profit blog.
The Museum of Romantic Life is not accessible to people with reduced mobility.
To see all the photos from the album, click on the link.